This one is very cool. I got this video by toyhouse off of youtube. To me this is what it’s all about. Shows him (I’m assuming it’s a him, there is a hairy arm in the movie) unpacking, how he mics, the recording gear. Great song, great recording and production.
FORGET THE VIDEO I JUST MENTIONED, CHECK OUT THIS KILLER VIDEO:
The amp is by Blackheart Engineering, a subdivision of LOUD Technologies. Which owns Mackie and Crate I believe. It’s supposed to be a hot rodded version of the Epihone Valve Junior.
5 WATT, single-ended, Class A combo, powered by an EL84 and voiced through a 12AX7 preamp tube.
With switchable pentode/triode selector and 3-band EQ.
* » 15 Watts, Push-Pull, Class A
* » Outputs: 1 x 16 ohm jack, 2 x 8 ohm jacks, 2 x 4 ohm jacks
* » Solid State Rectifier with tap for future mods
* » Drive, Level, Treble, Mid, Bass and Presence controls
* » Pentode (15 Watts)/Triode (7 Watts) Switch
* » DC Power to filaments for super quiet operation
* » 15 ply (18mm) thick-void free plywood construction
* » 12″ Blackheart Model 1216A Speaker by Eminence with American Voicing, optimized for open back cabinet
I’ll post more info in a little bit on this amp.
2 thoughts on “BlackHeart Amp Little Giant for Guitar”
Ok I know these things sound great and this video reinforces my opinion
but wtf dude half of the recorded signal is changy raw guitar bleed from the mic
isolate the amp !!!!
I have always wanted to get one of these 5 watt amps. just to see if they get really good tube tone at somewhat of low volumes.http://guitarampreview.blogspot.com